E and R smiling

E and R smiling

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Call the papers! Emmanuel slept for 6 hours straight!

Well, folks, this has been a long time coming. Emmanuel slept for 6 hours straight last night, which technically is "sleeping through the night." It was great that he only woke up one time!
Now our hurdle is his early morning wake-up call, but I think he's a morning person like his mom (this also means he's like my brother's kids...they all wake up between 5:00-6:00 AM EVERYDAY!) I'll take an early morning wake-up call if my boy will only wake me up once :)

Most of you know that Lil' E has always been a great napper--he takes 2 naps a day that range from 1.5-2 hours, and if it's a late night, then he'll add a 3rd nap for about 45 minutes...but the nighttime hours have been brutal!

Eli and I came up with a plan (which btw--I told him that he should write a book because everyone who develops a sleep theory has a book out there!) where we would alternate who gets up with Emmanuel to slowly and gently wean him from his nighttime feedings. If Emmanuel appeared to be "starving" during Eli's turn, then Eli would wake me, and I would feed him...and we would continue alternating turns. This has really worked out well for our family. I'm a wimp, so I can't do the "cry it out" method...(at least, not yet)...so this is a great alternative!

So, that's where we are in the sleep department. I hope that I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but at least there's hope of more uninterrupted sleep soon.

Thanks for all of you who have been praying for us specifically in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment