E and R smiling

E and R smiling

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Emmanuel's First Christmas...and other things

This was a Christmas of many "firsts" for Eli and me!  

It was our first Christmas in Baltimore in our first home.  Since we were here for Christmas, we we were able to go to Baltimore's "famous" Miracle on 34th street to see the lights.  (For those of you who are from the South--this light display is nothing to write home about...but it is a very special Baltimore tradition and something that I have wanted to experience for years.) 
It was our dear friends, Davin and Won-Jung's first time meeting Emmanuel and our first time meeting their 9 month old son, Daniel.  Won-Jung and her daughter, Zoe (age 2 1/2), are below with Emmanuel. Davin and Won-Jung came over for brunch the Sunday after Christmas as they passed through Maryland on their way to see family. 
This was so sweet...Emmanuel and Daniel holding hands.  It doesn't get much better than this.  I do pray that they will be friends even though there is distance between them...and I do hope that Emmanuel and Zoe will get married--I keep telling him that it's ok that she's a little older!
This was Emmanuel's first time using a sippy cup!  For weeks now he has been grabbing at our cups and reaching for our food.  We experimented with this sippy cup for him.  We start solids on Friday (he will be 6 months then).  My mom and I were busy making homemade baby food for Emmanuel (I got a book from my sister-in-law, Heather, about the best baby purees).  This leads me to our next "first...."
My mom flew up to Baltimore to spend her first Christmas with us in Baltimore!  This was a pleasant surprise.  I guess she was a little worried that we would be up here all by ourselves. Below is a pic of mom and Emmanuel.  He really loves people and wasn't upset to be left with Granny when Eli an I left on our first date without him.



A pic of me and mama.

Another "first"--Emmanuel is beginning to open his mouth and blow on my cheeks because that is what I often do to him.  

Here is a picture of his "first two teeth" (I hope that you can see them!)  Yes, not one, but two teeth, folks!  How many teeth will he get in all...someone should have warned me about this! We had a great Christmas of "firsts" with our Little E.  I will post a hilarious video of Zoe and Emmanuel as soon as I get it downloaded later this week.  Zoe is a genius, by the way....you will see in the video!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe all the firsts for Lil E! He is a little prodigy-already using sippy cups! So glad your mom got to come for Christmas-what a neat surprise!

    ReplyDelete